In vSphere 6.7U1 I could not update my ESXi-Hosts in my cluster because the new Remediation Pre-Check fails with the following error: “DRS should be enabled”
It also has a big red banner:
“Pre-check found problems that will block remediation. See details below. The blocking problems may have caused the pre-check to complete prematurely. Therefore, after fixing the problems, please re-run this pre-check.”
So Host remediation is blocked with error message: “Pre-check has found 2 issues that will block remediation”
Here are my work arrounds so far that I also posted on the relevant spiceworks thread:
1: use the old flex/flash-client. There is no pre-check
2: remove the esxi server from the cluster (just drag&drop the the server in question from the cluster to the datacenter). Outside of the cluster there is no DRS, so the pre-check works and update is not blocked anymore
But I think the second is the easiest way to do it.
I also opened a support request with VMware. I will keep you updated.
Today two of my ESXi 6.7 servers running on HP DL360p Gen8 didn’t behave as expected. VMotion and remote consoles quit with internal error.
In vspere syslog I found:
The ramdisk 'var' is full. As a result, the file /var/log/EMU/mili/mili2d.log could not be written.
On ESXi vdf -h revealed a full file system. The milid2.log was the problem and dumped the following errors:
CRITICAL:backend_init:OneConnect Adapter Not Found.
ERROR:rename all the configuration files!
ERROR:MILI_enumerate_elxiscsi:Failed to initialize User Init with status = 19
ERROR:MILI_enumerate_elx_nics:Failed to initialize USer Init with status = 19
ERROR:could not open device node /vmfs/devices/char/vmkdriver/be_esx_nic
In both servers no emulex hardware was installed. So I removed 3 packages form those ESXis with a reboot between each. The last one solved the problem!
esxcli software vib remove --vibname elxnet
esxcli software vib remove --vibname elxiscsi
esxcli software vib remove --vibname elx-esx-libelxima.so
On my DL360 Gen9 this problem did not occur.
Update: As Gunnar pointed out in a comment this could also happen on a Gen9 on newer vSphere 6.7 Updates.
Update 2 (Thanks Pete): VMware resolved this problem with vSphere 6.7 U2 or Patch ESXi670-201904211-UG
Today I ran into a problem. On my new CentOS maschine x11-forwading didn’t work. After some research I found out the x11 forwarding needs the xauth package. So the following command solves it:
yum install -y xauth
Starting with Chrome 57 even certificates form StartSSL generated before 2016/10/30 are distrusted. So at the moment Lets encrypt is the only cheap alternative for certificates.
If you want to enable synchronized shifting or semi-synchronized shifting on Ultegra Di2 6870 or on DuraAce Di2 9070, Its possible from now on.
On March 10th Shimano released new Firmware for the front and rear derailleurs. With version 3.0 installed you can enter the configuration menu in e-tube project and set the configuration of the shift modes.
There is only one thing you mght have to change to make it work. synchro shift only works with the newer battery type on road bikes. So if you have the old battery SM-BTR2 you have to upgrade to the newer BT-DN110.
If your system meets all the requirements, its easy to toggle between shift modes. You just have to double press the button on your junction. If you get one blink for confirmation, manual mode is set, if it blinks twice, shift mode 1 is enabled. If it blinks 3 times your bike is set to mode 2.
In default setup mode 1 is synchronized shifting and mode 2 is semi-synchronized